NEWSFLASH JANUARY 16, 2018
The Mindful Messages Summer Mentoring Program has ended. 12 Amazing Years Mentoring East and West Oakland Youth!
Thanks Kids, it's been a blast.
Much love and remember continue to be Mindful and STAY FOCUSED!
Founder and Executive Director: Deborah Day
Ages 8-14 at the following sites in West Oakland:
- Mandela Gateway Apartments - 1350 7th Street Oakland, CA.
- Chestnut Linden Apartments - 1060 W. Grand Street Oakland, CA.
- Iron Horse @ Central Station Apartments - 1801 14th Street Oakland, CA
- Campbell Village - 800 Willow Street Oakland, CA
- To Register Your Child Call 1-844-543-7732 (Limited Space)
- Ages 8-14
- Program Hours: 11:00 - 3:00 M-F or Email: [email protected]
- Curriculum Adapted from the Mindful Messages Curriculum
- Focus: Health Education, Africentric Culture and Life Skills
- Activities Include: YOGA, Swahili, Arts and Crafts, Reading Library,
- Life Skills Workshops, Outdoor Activities and Field Trips
- And a FREE Healthy Lunch and Snacks from the City of Oakland
2017 Major Field Trip
TRAINRIDE TO YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK AND TRAM TOUR!
The Mindful Messengers marching in the Black Cowboy Parade and Festival Oct 1, 2016
The Mindful Messengers at the Grand Canyon on the Skywalk Summer 2015
Please Support our Program and Fundraiser! Thank you!
Previous Summer Field Trips
Summer 2017 Field: Train Ride To Yosemite National Park 2 Nights, Exploratorium SF, Swimming and Tennis Lessons and Water World
Summer 2016 Field Trips: Tennis Lessons (Moss Wood Park) Overnight Camping at Del Valle Regional Park 3 Nights, I Fly Experience at (Union City) and Water World (Concord)
Summer 2015 Field Trips: Grand Canyon (Arizona), Hoover Damn (Nevada), Horseback Riding: Ed Levin Park (Milpitas) and Chaparrel Ranch and Marine World (Vallejo).
Summer 2014 Field Trips: Safari West (Santa Rosa), Tours of the State Building and Crocker Art Museum (Sacramento), The Exploratorium and Pier 39 (San Francisco) and Water World (Concord), Oakland A’s Game (Oakland)
Summer 2013 Field Trips: Mt. Shasta Caverns and Hiking at Birney Falls, San Francisco Zoo and Buffalo Soldier Museum Tour, Exploratorium Museum (San Jose) Water World (Concord) Summer Camping (Lake Comanche), Oakland A’s Game (Oakland)
Summer 2012 Major Field Trips: Camping (South Lake Tahoe/Camp Richardson), Santa Cruz Amusement Park (Santa Cruz), IMAX Theater and Rosicrucian Museum (San Jose), Ice Skating (Oakland) Oakland A's Game(Oakland)
Summer 2011 Major Field Trips: Disney Land (Anaheim), Hiking at (Point Reyes National Park!), Six Flags Marine World (Vallejo), Oakland A’s Game (Oakland)
Summer 2010 Major Field Trips: Oakland Zoo (Oakland), Oakland Museum (Oakland), Aquatic Park and Pier 39 (San Francisco), Hiking Coyote Hills (Fremont), Great America (Santa Clara), San Francisco Giants Game (San Francisco)
Serving the Bay Area since 2006 In Partnership with Bridge Housing and the City of Oakland.