- Ashay's Sweepstakes Giveaway
- Coupons and Discounts
- News and Events: Making Waves And Moving Forward
- Ask us a question
SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING RULES
The Ashay’s Sweepstakes Drawing is open to all legal residents of the United States and Canada who are at least 18 years of age. Employees of Ashay by the Bay and any advertising affiliates and family members are not eligible. This contest is subject to Federal, State and Local Laws and Regulations.
This Sweepstakes Drawing is sponsored by Ashay by the Bay located at 157 Albatrosse Way Vallejo, Ca. 94589
Agreement to Official Rules
Participation in the Sweepstakes Drawing constitutes entrants full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which is final and binding. Winning the Prize (s) is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
The contest begins on November 28, 2016 9PM PST and ends on April 30, 2017. Entries submitted before or after the contest period will be disqualified. Submission will be accepted for the duration of the drawing using any of the following methods:
Text the CEO: at 510-520-2742 or Mail to: Ashay by the Bay Attention: Ashay’s Sweepstakes Drawing 157 Albatrosse Way Vallejo, Ca. 94589
How To Enter
To enter all entrants Must First Place An Order Online at Ashaybythebay.com. Your order is stored in our shopping cart, however we require you to Text or Mail your entry in for verification. Each valid entry must include Name, Order # and Total Amount and State online. Each person is entitled to only 1 entry regardless of the number of orders placed or the amount. Upon receiving your entry, we will acknowledge your entry online and will post only your Name, Order # and State.
Prize Description (Book Collections)
There will be (3) Ashay by the Bay African American Children’s Books Collections given away and each are valued at $250.00. Each collection includes Books for Baby-3 thru 6th Grade. The titles chosen will be some of the best in books in African American Children’s Literature and will include Award Winning Books, Classics and All Time Favorites. The Collections will consist of board books, paperback and hardcover books.
On April 30, 2017 Deborah Day (CEO) of Ashay by the Bay will select the (3) Winners. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received which will be posted online. The winners will be drawn and notified by phone or email by May 1, 2017. Prizes will be shipped immediately via UPS or FedEx to the Winners chosen mailing address. The winners names and pictures will be posted online at Ashay by the Bay and on Facebook and Twitter. (Please Note: This SWEEPSTAKES Was Extended An Additional 60 Days)
SAVE 10% DISCOUNT on any ORDER
SAVE MONEY Use Coupon Code SAVE10 at the checkout to receive your discount.
Unlimited Use No Expiration Date
FREE SHIPPING on any ORDER $50 - $300
(Media Mail Within US Only )
SUPPORT A BOOK FAIR and EARN A DOLLAR
If You Support A Book Fair You Will Save A Dollar plus the School or Organization You Choose to Support Will Earn Your Sales Dollars Towards Their Sales Commission and Fund Raising Goals. Make sure to include the Book Fair Code at the Checkout. It's a WIN WIN For EVERYONE!
BOOK FAIR CODES AND ONLINE BOOK FAIRS IN PROGRESS
(FREE SHIPPING MEDIA MAIL ON ORDERS $50 - $300 US ONLY)
- MMMP2017 Mindful Messages Mentoring Program Book Fair Ends 8/15/17.
Want to know more about Support A Book Fair click here.
Ashay by the Bay News and Events
ANNOUNCING ASHAY'S AFRICAN AMERICAN CHILDREN'S BOOK COLLECTIONS for Pre-School and Grades K-6 and 7-12 Each Grade Level has a Unique Collection of Books that Empower Youth and Meets Core Curriculum Standards
ANNOUNCING: NEW!! ASHAY BY THE BAY STORE LOCATION
DOWNTOWN OAKLAND: at Kenyan Safari Designs 1411 Webster Street
Store Hours: Monday - Friday 11 - 5:00 Stop in and Shop Always Save 10% We Have A Complete Selection of Children's Books Baby-3 and K-12 and Adult Books
BACK TO SCHOOL PURCHASING SAVE BIG! 1O% Volume Discounts!
2017 UPCOMING EVENTS To Buy Ashay by the Bay Books
May 6 AFRICAN MARKET PLACE 10AM-5PM at the Sojourner Truth Museum Building - (2271 Florin Road) - Sacramento (Vendors, Food, Music and Lectures - Every 1st and 3rd. Saturday of the Month!) "We are who we have been waiting for."SAVE THE DATES!
April 21 CPIN NETWORK REGION 4 (Professional Development) 10-3 at His Lordships Restaurant Berkeley, CA
April 22 BLACK EMPOWERMENT MARKET 12-6PM at 4314 Piedmont Avenue Oakland, CA
May 6 and 7 HERCULES RUNNING REBELS TOP PACERS 7TH ANNUAL INVITATIONAL TRACK & FIELD MEET 8-6 Contra Costa College Sports Field San Pablo, CA
May 21 17th ANNUAL MALCOLM X JAZZ FESTIVAL 11-7PM San Antonio Park Oakland, CA
BOOK An ONLINE or ONSITE BOOK FAIR Today & EARN 10%-15% ... Make money for your School and bring in a Great Selection of Books for your Students. For More information go to Book Fairs
GREEN SHIPPING Ashay by the Bay supports GREEN IDEAS, therefore we will continue recycling only the best corrugated boxes for shipping.
Protest: Songs of Struggle and Resistance from Around the World
List Price: $16.98 (Protest Songs - 2004)
Description: Ever since the beginning of humanity people have expressd their feelings in song. And ever since the beginning of humanity people have protested against injustice.
It may be in our genes to sing out in protest... These songs protest everything from hypocrisy to violence, in all languages of the world, and they are exciting, rousing and inspiring. Includes songs from Algeria, Jamaica, Gabon, Ireland, Brittany, Chile, Lebanon, South Africa, Angola, Israel, USA, Zimbabwe, Wales, Congo and the internationally beloved protest singer, Pete Seeger.
Dedicated to musicians who sing out against injustice
Please go to the ARTICLES section of our website to read rave reviews of this recording.
1) God Bless(e) America BAAZIZ Algerian rebel mixes pointed satire with fervent pleas for non-violence
2) Fighting For the Right Thing GARY NESTA PINE A Jamaican reggae star exposes government corruption, encourages enlightened reprisals
3) Eleke PIERRE AKENDENGUE For this legendary Gabonese activist-composer, music is a joyful force of liberation
4) Bobby Sands, MP LARRY KIRWAN (BLACK 47) Elegy for an IRA operative, Member of Parliament, hunger striker, and martyr 5) La Geste De Sarajevo TRI YANN From Brittany, Frances Celtic homeland, a choral dirge for aid workers killed in Sarajevo
6) Te Recuerdo Amanda CHRISTINE BREBES/DIEGO ROLON Warm acoustic elegy about one of many disappearances under Argentina's former regime
7) Speak Up MARCEL KHALIFE A Lebanese composer, using traditional instruments, arouses positive dissent
8) Ndimbeleni MZWAKHE MBULI South Africa's anti-apartheid poet sings that resistance is defense in his trademark Township lilt 9) Renuncia Impossivel KAFALA BROTHERS A posthumous indictment by a President of Angola is sung by sweet-voiced balladeers
10) Chad Gadya CHAVA ALBERSTEIN The Joan Baez of Israel sings one of her most controversial signature tunes
11) The Kent State Massacre BARBARA DANE Fiery American icon, alone with her guitar, recalls murder at an anti-war rally
12) Paite Rimam STELLA CHIWESHE Zimbabwean call-and-response prayer begging the Shona lion spirits to end all bloodshed
13) Cold Days of Febr'uary ROBIN WILLIAMSON The Incredible String Band's former front man in an a cappella meditation on war's futility
14) Esclave PAPA WEMBA The Congolese composer's famous rumba-laced diatribe against the human cost of slavery
15) Waist Deep In The Big Muddy PETE SEEGER Vietnam-era pacifist warning, performed live, that still sounds eerily contemporary
Ashay says, "I like this CD and I can see how it would be a great educational tool for the classroom. It could give young people good dose of activism."
Product Dimensions: 5.7 x 5 x 0.5 inches
Shipping Weight: 3 ounces
ISBN: MUCD978- B0002T2R5U